It was a wild night in the NHL yesterday as underdogs were victorious in 8 of the 13 games.
We went 0-2 on our Best Bets and 5-4 (with 2 pushes) on our leans. It was stunning to see just 1 goal scored in the Sharks/Hurricanes game, considering the form both offences had shown in recent contests. San Jose backup goalie Aaron Dell was very strong for the Sharks.
Our other favourite bet of the night was on the Stars, who lost 2-1 in OT to New Jersey.
The leans continue to do well, and would have gone 7-4 if empty netters hadn’t turned 2 of our Under 5 leans into pushes. Hopefully you’re finding those opinions helpful when you’re finalizing your own bets for the night.
Just 2 games tonight, giving us a chance to come up for air before starting to break down tomorrow’s 10-game NHL board. We’ve posted breakdowns and leans for both of tonight’s games below.
Odds below are at the time we made the pick. Be sure to check out our live odds page for updated odds on today’s games.
Reasons to bet Pittsburgh: The Pens have won 7 of their last 9 games. Washington has lost 3 of 4, including an OT loss last night in Columbus.
Reasons to bet Washington: Capitals hosting Pittsburgh for first time since losing to Penguins in last year’s playoffs.
Other things to know:
- Pittsburgh beat Washington 3-2 in a shootout Oct. 13 in Pittsburgh
- 4 of the last 8 meetings have gone to overtime
- Washington is 1-4 in its last 5 games on 0 days rest
- Pittsburgh has scored 4+ goals in 6 of its last 8
- Washington has scored 4 regulation time goals in its last 4 games
- Washington has allowed 2+ goals in each of its last 7 games
Probable goalies: Murray (confirmed), Holtby (confirmed)
Reasons to bet Arizona: The Coyotes have been off since Saturday while Calgary had to play last night in Minnesota. The Flames are 2-6 at home and are now without Johnny Gaudreau.
Reasons to bet Calgary: The Flames snapped a 4-game losing streak last night with a 1-0 win in Minnesota. Arizona is 2-6 on the road.
Other things to know:
- Arizona has lost 3 of its last 4
- Arizona has allowed 12 goals in its last 4
- Calgary has scored 5 goals in its last 5 games and 10 in its last 8
- Calgary has scored 1 goal or less in 6 of its last 8 games
- Calgary has gone Under in 5 of its last 6
- Arizona has gone Under in 5 of its last 7
- The Under is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings
- The home team has won 14 of the last 19 meetings
- Arizona goaltender Mike Smith returns tonight from injury
Probable goalies: Smith (confirmed), Johnson (confirmed)
Sign up below to get our daily NHL tips sent to your email the minute we post. That way, you will always get the best odds on each game…