Quick 5Dimes Sportsbook Review: The closest thing Americans have to Pinnacle, the industry leader when it comes to the best NHL odds. 5Dimes offers reduced juice NHL betting lines and also features tons of other hockey betting options and props.
5Dimes is a textbook example of why you should never judge a (sports)book by its cover.
There’s nothing exciting about their home page or their interface, both of which look like they were designed in the 1990’s. But if you sign up for a free account at 5Dimes.eu and browse around their website for a bit (you need to be logged in order to see their betting lines), you’ll see they’re actually incredibly efficient and easy to use.
There aren’t many hockey bets that you won’t be able to place at 5Dimes. In addition to the standard moneyline, over/under and puck line betting options, 5Dimes also enables you to wager on team totals (at better odds than most books), whether a game will go to overtime or not, or even what the outcome of the first 5, 10 or 15 minutes of the game will be.
It’s not just NHL hockey that you can bet on at 5Dimes, either. On the day we wrote this review, 5Dimes had betting lines up for hockey games in the Canadian Hockey League and NCAA, along with overseas leagues in Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia and Sweden.
Let’s see what other reasons there are to bet hockey with them in this 5Dimes sportsbook review.
5Dimes Sportsbook Bonus
The 5Dimes sportsbook bonus is unique from other NHL betting sites because they actually let you choose which bonus you’d like to have.
Here’s a list of the bonuses you can get at 5Dimes:
- Reduced juice bonus: Get better odds on all your moneyline and Over/Under bets in NHL betting as well as other sports
- Free-play bonus: Get up to $520 in free plays, based on the size of your initial deposit
- Cash back bonus: Get 20% cash back on your overall losses twice a year, 15% once per 30 days or 10% once per week
- 30% super saver bonus: Get 30% better odds (-107 pricing instead of -110) on NHL moneylines, puck lines, totals and 1st period lines
- Point mover bonus: Not really applicable for NHL betting, but you’ll be able to buy points or bet teasers in NBA/NFL at better odds
- Casino rebate bonus: Get up to 21% rebate on overall losses in the 5Dimes casino
- On the house bonus: Get your 8th and 9th deposits for free (you must have lost the full amount of your first 7 deposits), up to $5000
- Free payout bonus: Get a free withdrawal every 30 days you request a payout (5Dimes has several free withdrawal options for all players, but this bonus entitles you to receive cashier checks, money orders or bank wires
The reduced juice bonus is the default bonus offered at 5Dimes (if you don’t select a bonus, it’s the one you’ll get), and it’s also the one we recommend you take. If you were to place a few hundred bets in an NHL season at an average wager size of $100, the “5 cents” you’ll save on every wager can save you thousands of dollars per year.
5Dimes has a live chat option through which most of your questions should be answered quickly and easily.
If you’re more of the figure-it-out-yourself type, they’ve got a Help Center that addresses questions about how to join 5Dimes, how to deposit or withdrawal, the types of wagers they offer and more.
You can also reach 5Dimes 24/7 via email (email@example.com) or telephone (1-800-305-3517).
The 5Dimes mobile platform is basically a mirror of its website, but optimized to fit the screen of your phone or tablet. (The mobile site is best viewed in landscape mode.)
It’s not as flashy as the mobile sites of other sportsbooks, but it loads really quickly and the easy navigation enables you to place a mobile bet in under a minute.
Top Reasons To Bet At 5Dimes Sportsbook
5Dimes sportsbook is a perfect fit for U.S. residents who wants to have a lot of fun betting on the NHL. Here’s why:
- Reduced juice moneylines and totals (if you take the reduced juice bonus)
- One of the few online sportsbooks that accepts Americans
- Accept bitcoin deposits and withdrawals, allowing you to send and receive money easily and anonymously
- Tons of NHL betting lines and props
Reasons to Play Elsewhere
There honestly aren’t many reasons not to use 5Dimes, especially if you’re an American.
If we have a criticism of 5Dimes, however, it’s that they don’t have that many deposit options, offering just bitcoin and credit cards. Fortunately, those are convenient methods (they’ve got a good credit card processor that helps less credit card deposits get rejected by your bank), but it’s not ideal if you like using iDebit, InstaDebit or some of the other popular options.
The Bottom Line
If you’re from the United States, we can’t recommend 5Dimes enough as the best NHL betting site for you to use. Their reduced juice lines and huge selection of props makes them the #1 hockey sportsbook for Americans.