Our Best Bet was an easy winner last night as the Predators and Avalanche combined to score 8 goals, soaring over the total of 5.
Overall, it was a 6-4 night. The occasional bad days are inevitable in sports betting and we thought we were on our way to one when we lost our first 3 leans of the day, but the late games came through nicely – especially the Coyotes Team Total Under 1.5, which paid +159.
There are just 3 games tonight in the NHL. We were quite close to making the Islanders +0.5 in regulation our Best Bet today but the line moved from -117 to -135 before we could get around to posting our picks for tonight, and we’re no longer interested at that price. We still think the Islanders can give the inconsistent Penguins a very tough game tonight, but they’re still the Islanders and we don’t want to lay -135 on them for anything at the moment.
Instead, we’ll look to the well-rested Kings to take care of the Sharks tonight in LA. We’ve also got breakdowns and leans on the other two games on the board.
Now to start prepping for tomorrow’s 12-game slate! Good luck tonight.
Odds below are at the time we made the pick. Be sure to check out our live odds page for updated odds on today’s games.
The Kings have been very streaky this season, and they’re currently on a very good one. LA’s won 5 straight, allowing 9 goals in those contests while scoring 3+ goals in 4 of the 5. They’re also on a 6-game winning streak at home, and 9-2 at the Staples Centre overall.
San Jose’s had good success in LA recently, winning their last 5 visits, but this doesn’t look like a good spot for the Sharks. They had to go to OT last night at home against Arizona, and now they’re playing the end of a back-to-back and 4th in 6 nights against a Kings squad that has been off since Saturday. Also can’t forget that San Jose is 5-6-1 on the road this season.
One other reason we’re on the Kings here is good old revenge. The Sharks went 3-0 in LA in last year’s playoffs, when they needed only 5 games to knock the Kings out of the first round. San Jose did beat LA Oct. 12 in San Jose, but this is the Kings’ first home game since the playoff loss and we expect them to be extremely focused to get some payback tonight.
Bet this game at Pinnacle – The best NHL odds online!
Reasons to bet Pittsburgh: Penguins have been off since beating New Jersey 4-3 at home Saturday. Pens have won 11 of last 16 visits to New York. Islanders are 3-9 in their last 12 games.
Reasons to bet New York: Islanders always play Penguins tough, earning at least one point in 7 of the last 10 meetings. Pittsburgh has 1 regulation time win in its last 7 games.
Other things to know:
- Pittsburgh is 5-4-1-1 on the road
- New York is 6-4-1-2 at home, but 2-5 in its last 7 home games
- The Over is 12-6 in Pittsburgh’s games this year
- The Under is 4-1-3 in New York’s last 8 games
- Pittsburgh beat New York 3-2 in OT Nov 18 in NY and 4-2 Oct 27 in PIT
- Pittsburgh’s power play is 0 for 13 in its last 4 games
- Pittsburgh’s penalty kill has allowed 5 goals in 9 chances the last 3 games
- New York has scored 2 goals or less in regulation time in 8 straight games
- New York has allowed 3+ goals in 6 of its last 8 games
- Hornqvist is likely to return to the lineup for Pittsburgh
Probable goalies: Murray (confirmed), Greiss (confirmed)
Reasons to bet Toronto: The Leafs have earned points in 5 of their last 7 games and scored 4+ goals in 6 of their last 9. Calgary is 3-7 at home and playing its first home game after a long east coast trip.
Reasons to bet Calgary: The Flames have won 9 of their last 10 home games against Toronto. The Leafs played last night in Edmonton and have just 2 road wins in 11 outings (2-5-2-2).
Other things to know:
- Toronto has scored 4+ goals in 3 straight games
- Toronto has allowed 2 goals or less in 6 of its last 7
- Calgary has scored 2 goals or less in 8 of its last 10
- Calgary has allowed 17 regulation time goals in its last 9 games
- The home team has won 17 of the last 21 meetings
- Toronto is 15-36 in its last 51 games on 0 days rest
- Calgary is playing its 3rd game in 4 days, 4th in 6, and 7th in 11
Probable goalies: Enroth, Johnson (confirmed)
Sign up below to get our daily NHL tips sent to your email the minute we post. That way, you will always get the best odds on each game…