We won our Best Bet Saturday to boost our run on them to 13-3 in the last 16 (excluding pushes), but otherwise it was a rough end to 2016 for us as we went 3-7-1 overall.
That’ll happen from time to time when you’re picking every game on the board, so we just have to shake it off and move on. If you were tailing along Saturday night, hopefully you picked the right few games to jump on board with, as we always suggest you just find a few you agree with and bet them rather than blindly betting everything – or even better, use the stats and trends provided to help you make your own picks.
That bad night aside, we still closed December with a winning record overall (92-86, 52+ for 3.3 units) and are now 184-155 (54%) for +19.7 units since we started posting picks on every game on the board at the start of November. So if you just started following along in the last couple of weeks (we’re approximately -10 units overall during that time), we recommend you keep the faith and stick around. Long-term is what it’s all about here.
There are only 3 games in the NHL today, including an outdoor game this afternoon in St. Louis. We didn’t cap that game because we don’t like betting on outdoor games with all the variables involved, but we’ve got breakdowns and leans of the other 2 games below.
We’ll be back again tomorrow for a full rundown of the 7 games slated for Tuesday. Good luck – and Happy New Year!
Odds below are at the time we made the pick. Be sure to check out our live odds page for updated odds on today’s games.
Reasons to bet Boston: The Bruins are 11-6-4 on the road and have won 6 of their last 7 versus New Jersey. The Devils are 2-9-1 in their last 12 games.
Reasons to bet New Jersey: Despite their recent struggles, the Devils are still 9-4-2 on home ice and did upset the Capitals 2-1 last week. Boston has lost 7 of its last 11 on the road.
Other things to know:
- Boston beat New Jersey 2-1 Oct. 20 in Boston
- Boston is 3-1-1 in its last 5 games
- Boston has allowed 3 goals in its last 2 games, both against Buffalo
- Boston has scored 3+ goals in 3 straight games and 4 of 5
- New Jersey has lost 4 of its last 5 at home
- New Jersey has scored 16 regulation time goals in its last 10 games
- New Jersey has allowed 3+ goals in 8 of its last 10 games, and 5+ in 5 of 10
- Boston has won 6 of its last 8 games in New Jersey
Probable goalies: Rask, Schneider (confirmed)
Reasons to bet Colorado: The Avalanche stinks this year, but it is still a respectable 8-10 on the road this season. Vancouver is playing its 3rd game in 4 days and 4th in 6.
Reasons to bet Vancouver: The Canucks have won 3 straight games and have beaten Colorado in 10 of the last 13 meetings in Vancouver. The Avalanche has allowed 16 goals in its last 3 games and given up 4+ goals in 6 of its last 9 outings.
Other things to know:
- Vancouver beat Colorado 3-2 in a shootout Nov. 26 in Colorado
- Vancouver is 12-6-2 at home
- Colorado has lost 3 straight games and 8 of 9
- Colorado limited the Blackhawks and Stars to a combined 4 goals in its last 2 road games (not including an empty netter)
- Colorado has scored 8 goals in its last 6 games, and 10 in its last 8
- Vancouver has scored 2 regulation time goals or less in 5 straight games
- Vancouver has allowed 5 goals in its last 3 games
Probable goalies: Pickard, Miller
Sign up below to get our daily NHL tips sent to your email the minute we post. That way, you will always get the best odds on each game…