We’re back after a one-day break yesterday. We often have to take Sundays off from posting the daily breakdowns and leans because it’s difficult to find the time with wives and kids around, but we’ll do them when we can.
It came as pretty surprising news to hear that Gerard Gallant got fired by the Panthers last night, but maybe we shouldn’t have been surprised after all. Apparently there’s been some philosophical differences in the Florida front office for quite some time, and with the Panthers getting off to a slow start, management had a reason to pull the trigger.
We had a Best Bet on Florida -1 Saturday night as the Panthers were in a great situational spot at home to a tired Columbus team, but they didn’t respond and we were lucky to push that bet in a shootout. Yesterday, they blew a 2-0 lead in Carolina. So when you think about it, the writing was on the wall after all.
4-4 night for us on Saturday overall, and our picks/leans are 10-10 since our 8-2 Wednesday. Hopefully we can break out again tonight, although it’s a small board with just 2 games.
Here’s our breakdowns and leans on both matchups tonight. Make sure to come back tomorrow as there are 12 games on the Tuesday slate.
Good luck tonight!
Odds below are at the time we made the pick. Be sure to check out our live odds page for updated odds on today’s games.
Reasons to bet Calgary: The Flames are 7-6-1 on the road this year, including 3 wins in 5 games on this current road trip. New York is playing its first home game after a 3-game west coast trip and is just 5-4-1-2 at home.
Reasons to bet New York: The Islanders have played better than their recent record indicates, losing their last 2 games in Los Angeles and San Jose on goals late in regulation time. Calgary is finishing a 6-game road trip and playing its 6th game in 9 nights.
Other things to know:
- Calgary was outshot 43-32 in a 5-3 loss yesterday in Philadelphia
- Calgary has given up 30+ shots in 4 straight games after holding the opposition under 30 shots in 6 straight
- Calgary has had only 2 power plays in the last 2 games while being shorthanded 10 times
- Calgary is 2-7 in its last 9 games on 0 days rest
- New York has given up 3+ goals in 8 of its last 10
- New York has given up 3+ goals in regulation time in 5 of its last 10
- The Under is 6-1-1 in Calgary’s last 8 games when playing its 3rd game in 4 nights
- The Under is 6-1-1 in Calgary’s last 8 games when playing its 4th game in 6 nights
- Calgary is 1-6 in its last 7 games against teams with losing records
Probable goalies: Elliott (confirmed), Greiss (confirmed)
Reasons to bet Dallas: The Stars have limited opponents to 2 regulation time goals or less in 6 of their last 9 games. St. Louis has allowed 7 goals in its last 2 games.
Reasons to bet St. Louis: The Blues have won 5 of 6 and are 9-1-1-1 at home this year. Dallas has just 3 wins in 11 road games (3-5-3).
Other things to know:
- Dallas beat St. Louis 6-2 Nov. 3 in Dallas
- St. Louis has scored 3+ goals in 7 straight games, and has 25 goals in that span
- Dallas has scored 2 goals in regulation time in each of its last 4 games
- Dallas is 2-7 in its last 9 road games
- The road team has won 4 of the last 5 meetings
Probable goalies: Niemi, Allen (confirmed)
Sign up below to get our daily NHL tips sent to your email the minute we post. That way, you will always get the best odds on each game…