It was nice to get back into the winner’s circle last night, with our leans going 3-2 with a push on the Bruins First Period Moneyline.
Fairly quiet Friday night in the NHL with just 4 games on the schedule, including the Stars returning from their bye to host Arizona.
We’ve circled that game as our favourite bet of the night. We’ve also got the usual stats, trends and leans for the other contests. Good luck tonight!
Odds below are at the time we made the pick. Be sure to check out our live odds page for updated odds on today’s games.
We’re not huge fans of getting involved with games involving teams coming off their bye week, since they’re much less likely to play to their tendencies after a 5-day break. Fortunately, both the recent and season-long numbers of these two teams allow us to fade the team coming off the bye week, which has been a great betting angle this season, and the odds are too good to pass up.
The Stars rarely give up less than 2 goals on a good day – just 4 times this season, in fact. They also routinely give up 3 goals or more (9 times in their last 10). Now they’re off their break and hosting an Arizona team that continues to play with a lot of confidence offensively. The Coyotes have scored 3+ goals in 8 of their last 10 games, including 3 goals in the first period last night in Chicago.
We’re going to go the Team Total route here with Arizona because we don’t trust their defence (6 goals against last night, 3+ allowed in 7 of 10) and because of the Yotes’ recent track record in Dallas (lost their last 7 visits). The Over 6 would ordinarily make sense, but we also don’t entirely know what to expect offensively out of the Stars after their break either. Regardless of who wins or how Dallas plays offensively tonight, we love the Coyotes’ chances of scoring at least 3 here.
Bet this game at 5Dimes
Reasons to bet Edmonton: The Oilers are 18-10-5 on the road and have won 5 of their last 7 games overall.
Reasons to bet Washington: The Capitals have scored 3+ goals in 7 of their last 9 games (the only 2 they didn’t were immediately after their bye week). Edmonton is playing its 3rd road game in 4 days and has allowed 3+ goals in 4 of its last 6 games.
Other things to know:
- Edmonton beat Washington 4-1 Oct. 26 in Edmonton
- Washington is 24-5-1 at home
- The Under is 34-23 in Edmonton’s games this year
- Washington has allowed 5 regulation time goals in its last 3 games
- Washington has allowed 2 regulation time goals or less in 6 of its last 8 games
- Larsson is questionable for Edmonton
- Orpik is questionable for Washington
- The Under is 7-1 in Edmonton’s last 8 road games
- Edmonton has lost 9 of its last 11 games in Washington
Probable goalies: Talbot (confirmed), Holtby (confirmed)
Reasons to bet Ottawa: The Senators are 16-10 on the road and have won 5 of their last 7 games overall. Carolina has lost 5 straight goals, scoring a total of 4 goals in that stretch.
Reasons to bet Carolina: The Hurricanes have won 13 of their last 16 home games against the Senators. Even despite its recent struggles, Carolina is 17-8-2 at home.
Other things to know:
- Ottawa beat Carolina 2-1 Nov. 26 in Ottawa and 2-1 in OT Nov. 1 in Ottawa
- The Under is 33-23 in Ottawa’s games this year
- The Under is 6-1 in Ottawa’s last 7 games
- Five of the last 9 meetings have gone to OT
- Ottawa has scored 3 goals or less in 8 of its last 9 games (2 or less in 5 of 9)
- Ottawa has allowed 3 goals or less in 7 straight games (2 or less in 4 of 7)
- Carolina has allowed 3+ goals in 5 of its last 6 games
- The home team has won 25 of the last 32 meetings
- The Under is 15-5-2 in the last 22 meetings in Carolina
- Ryan, Hoffman and Stone are all out for Ottawa
Probable goalies: Anderson (confirmed), Lack (confirmed)
Reasons to bet Calgary: The Flames won 3-2 last night in Tampa and are now 5-2 in their last 7 road games. Calgary has earned points in 9 of its last 12 trips to Florida (7-3-2).
Reasons to bet Florida: The Panthers are 8-2 in their last 10 games and scored 3+ goals in 6 of their last 7. Excluding empty netters and overtime, Calgary has scored 2 goals or less in 6 of its last 10 games.
Other things to know:
- Calgary beat Florida 5-2 Jan. 17 in Calgary
- Calgary is 16-12-4 on the road
- Florida is 14-11-3 at home
- The Over is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings
- Calgary has allowed 2 goals or less in 3 of its last 4 games and 4 of 6
- The Under is 5-1 in Calgary’s last 6 games
- The Under is 8-2-1 in Calgary’s last 11 games on 0 days rest
- Calgary has lost 13 of its last 19 games when playing its 3rd game in 4 days
- Florida has allowed 4+ goals in 4 of its last 7 games
Probable goalies: Elliott, Luongo (confirmed)
Sign up below to get our daily NHL tips sent to your email the minute we post. That way, you will always get the best odds on each game…