It was a ‘kiss your sister’ night yesterday as we pushed our Best Bet on the Islanders First Period moneyline and went 5-5 overall.
We’ll take that on a night where there were a few surprises, such as the Canucks blanking the Blue Jackets in Columbus, the Blues and Leafs combining to score just 3 goals, and the Kings lighting up the scoreboard in Florida.
There’s just 2 games in the NHL tonight, and we’ve got leans on both games below. And brace yourself for tomorrow, when there are 13 games on the schedule – including SIX afternoon starts!
Good luck tonight.
Odds below are at the time we made the pick. Be sure to check out our live odds page for updated odds on today’s games.
Reasons to bet Chicago: The Blackhawks have won 3 straight, including a 4-3 OT win Wednesday in Minnesota. Winnipeg has allowed 3+ goals in 13 straight games.
Reasons to bet Winnipeg: The Jets have beaten Chicago in all 4 meetings so far this year, outscoring the Hawks 14-5.
Other things to know:
- Winnipeg beat Chicago 5-3 Jan. 26, 3-1 Dec. 27 and 2-1 Dec. 4 in Chicago
- Winnipeg beat Chicago 4-0 Nov. 15 in Winnipeg
- Chicago has won 5 of its last 6 road games
- Chicago has allowed 3+ goals in 6 straight games and 8 of its last 10
- Winnipeg has scored 2 goals in each of its last 2 games
- Chicago has won 9 of its last 11 games in Winnipeg
- The Over is 17-6-3 in Winnipeg’s last 26 games
- The Over is 6-1 in Chicago’s last 7 games
Probable goalies: Crawford (confirmed), Hellebuyck (confirmed)
Reasons to bet Tampa: The Lightning opens a road trip with plenty of momentum, winning its last 2 games by a combined score of 8-2.Minnesota has lost 2 of its last 3 at home.
Reasons to bet Minnesota: The Wild is 5-1-1 in its last 7 games and 17-6-1 this season at home. Tampa has lost 14 of its last 17 road games.
Other things to know:
- Tampa has scored 3+ goals in 5 of its last 7 games (4 times in regulation)
- Tampa has allowed 2 goals or less in 7 of its last 10 games
- Minnesota has scored 3+ goals in 8 of its last 10 games (7 times in regulation)
- Minnesota has allowed 3+ goals in 3 of its last 4 games and 6 of 10
- The Under is 7-1-1 in the last 9 meetings
- The Over is 10-1-1 in Minnesota’s last 12 home games
- The Over is 20-3-3 in Minnesota’s last 26 games
- Tampa has lost 4 straight visits to Minnesota
Probable goalies: Bishop, Dubnyk (confirmed)
Sign up below to get our daily NHL tips sent to your email the minute we post. That way, you will always get the best odds on each game…